Every two weeks we release a curated digest of the most interesting and informative articles covering IAM, Cybersecurity, Governance, ICS/SCADA, compliance, privacy, and more across a range of industries. If you would prefer to receive this a day earlier, please subscribe to the Idenhaus Identity Management & Cybersecurity biweekly here.
Here are the top 6 Identity Management and Cybersecurity articles for early November 2016.
1. Identity & Access Management — How Standards Can Save Your Bacon via LinkedIn
Standardization can greatly improve process performance, lower maintenance costs, and give senior management more control over IT operations.
2. Cybersecurity — Cyber Mandates for Big Banks Would Build on Earlier Guidance via BankInfo Security
The proposed federal cybersecurity standards will put more pressure on the nation’s top banks to make certain that their cybersecurity strategies are as complete and effective as possible.
3. Healthcare — HIT Think: A framework to boost security at healthcare organizations via HealthData Management
The number of patient records breached in healthcare organizations to date is about 200 million, which is staggeringly close to three-quarters of the entire insured population.
4. Cloud Security — 7 Tips and Best Practices for Securing your Cloud Initiative via DataCenter Knowledge
As data centers push their cloud infrastructure even further with solutions that include identity federation and single sign-on, the clear challenge and question becomes: How do we secure our cloud initiative?
5. Defense — Halvorsen: Push to ditch CAC cards is moving apace via FCW
The U.S. military and its allies will move to a system that incorporates as many as “15 factors that we would actually check for identity…and any given day, randomized, we would be using five or six of them.”
6. Financial Services — Can Banks Protect Against the Threat of Everyday Devices? via AmericanBanker
Banks and other businesses need to take several precautions to secure their internet-linked devices.