Top Stories on Identity Management, National Cybersecurity, NIST Cyber Framework Updates, and the Commission’s Report to Obama.
Every two weeks we release a curated digest of the most interesting and informative articles covering Identity & Access Management, Cybersecurity, ICS/SCADA, compliance, privacy, and more across a range of industries. If you would prefer to receive this via email (and a day earlier), subscribe to our biweekly newsletter here.
Here are this week’s top 9 Identity Management and Cybersecurity articles.
1. Identity & Access Management — The 2017 Identity Management Vendor Map: A New Resource for Comparing IAM Solutions via Solutions Review
Aimed at simplifying the time-consuming vendor selection and evaluation process, this resource breaks down how to choose the right identity management solution for your needs.
2. National Cybersecurity — 4 Unexpected Ideas from the Report of the Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity via Idenhaus
The Commission recently published its “Report on Securing and Growing the Digital Economy”. While many of the findings are not particularly novel, there were 4 interesting ideas worth sharing.
3. Identity & Access Management — NIST adds more detailed use cases and identity management to Cyber Framework via Cyberscoop
Federal scientists at the government’s technology laboratory have issued a draft update to their widely adopted Cybersecurity Framework.
4. Healthcare — 10 biggest weaknesses and lessons learned from cybersecurity in 2016 via HealthcareIT News
Four experts discuss the lessons the healthcare industry learned the hard way this past year – and the need for much stronger security measures in 2017.
5. Compliance — First HIPAA enforcement action for lack of timely breach notification settles for $475,000 via HHS.gov
Presence Health has agreed to settle potential violations of the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule by paying $475,000 and implementing a corrective action plan.
6. Expert Insight — CIO Viewpoint: The Transforming Utility Industry – Ken Lee, SVP & CIO New York Power Authority via CIO Review
The speed of success is a direct result of the CIO’s ability to build relationships across the business by listening, understanding, and aligning goals while working together to deliver business value.
7. Learning Resources — Guidelines for Keeping Pace with Innovation and Tech Adoption [free ebook] via O’Reilly
This ebook explores guidelines that can help you make crucial “right item, right time” decisions and assist in the integration of new technology into existing business processes.
8. Insider Threats — The Sorry State Of Cybersecurity Awareness Training via DarkReading
Simply put, there must be some sort of policy and enforcement in place for not adhering to security policies, such as a counseling session, but I see no companies doing this. Without enforcement, employees see the training as onerous.
9. Industry Events — 4th Annual Identity Management Symposium via Defense Strategies Institue
The 2017 Identity Management Symposium will provide valuable information on the current and prospective initiatives that the U.S. Government supports to advance identity and access management practices for greater defense and security.
By going to work quickly to solve the most challenging cybersecurity and identity management problems, Idenhaus takes the pain out of securing corporate information and assets for companies that aspire to maximize their potential in this digital age. Click here to contact us today