Top Stories on Digital Transformation, Identity Management, Data Privacy, and more.
This week’s Idenhaus Identity Management & Cybersecurity Review features a wide-array of topics covering access control, insider threats, industrial networks, data privacy, information security and IAM vendors. Stay informed by signing up for our biweekly digest of the most important IAM & Cybersec news. Subscribe to our biweekly newsletter.
1. Identity & Access Management — 2017 Security 100: 15 Coolest Identity Management And Data Protection Vendors via CRN
This year’s CRN Security 100 list includes 15 identity and access management and data protection companies.
2. Insider Threats — How To Protect Your Business Against Insider Threats – The Essential Guide via OnionID
Internal individuals were responsible for 43% of all serious data breaches experienced by their businesses.
3. Industrial IoT — The digital transformation of industrial organizations via TechTarget
The process of digital transformation looks very different at an industrial company versus a pure technology company.
4. Cybersecurity — How the DOT discovered its network was compromised by shadow IT via CSO
Because of the network’s “flat” design – the product of an ad hoc development with no overarching architecture – an intrusion into a low-risk corner of the network could afford access to mission-critical areas.
5. Data Privacy — Subtle signs an employee’s smartphone has been hacked via CSC
Here are three ways to tell when a smartphone may be under attack.
6. Cyber Threats — 80% Of Web Applications Contain At Least One Security Bug via Dark Reading
With an average of 45 vulnerabilities per application: 55% are affected by cross-site request forgery and 37% suffered from security misconfiguration.
7. Identity & Access Management — Secure Azure AD Using Identity Protection via Petri
Microsoft claims that 60% of all successful attacks rely on compromised credentials, so extra care needs to be taken to protect user identities in Active Directory.
8. Information Security — 12 Key Findings from “The Global State of Information Security” via Idenhaus
Here are 12 key findings from PwC’s The Global State of Information Security Survey 2017.
9. Expert Insight — Top Atlanta Cybersecurity CEOs Spotlight 2017 Trends via Hanno Ekdahl
Did you know the State of Georgia has more than 115 information security companies that generate over $4.7 billion in annual revenue?
10. Spotlight Video — Hacker Shows How Easy It Is To Hack People While Walking Around in Public via The Hacker News
An interesting attack scenario has recently been demonstrated by one of the renowned hackers, Jayson Street, who said all it is needed is to walk around with the right device to get into someone’s device.
Photo credit: Flickr
By going to work quickly to solve the most challenging cybersecurity and identity management problems, Idenhaus takes the pain out of securing corporate information and assets for companies that aspire to maximize their potential in this digital age. Click here to contact us